Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Salzburg = Salt Castle

The title is a lie but that is what it means.... 

Have you ever asked yourself?

How do I treat my colleagues? How do I treat those around me whether they are considered above me or below or whatever? How would the Lord react if he was standing over us right now? 

It is an interesting question to ponder. The Lord has put us here to overcome the natural man and to learn how to master ourselves. After all the greatest commandment after loving God with all of your heart, might, mind, and soul is to love your neighbor. I can think of a few characteristics of Christ that go along with this idea:  

Charity
Patience
Forgiveness
Love
Kindness 

How can I be slow to anger and quick to love my God and my fellow man?

Well a few things have come to my mind and I will share them with you, if you have thought of any others I would love to hear about them!

- Making sure you are eating right, getting enough sleep, and managing our stress. When we are well rested and not stressed, it is easier to be patient with others. 

Remember what Moroni writes to us about Charity in Moroni 7:45-48
45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

When we as missionaries are given our assignment we are asked to serve with all of our heart and try and become like Christ! One of the greatest attributes of Christ is that of charity, I have seen when I am more charitable in my life I am happier. Those around me are happier, and I can more easily share my message about Jesus Christ. I invite you to work on this Christlike attribute of Charity this week. Find a time this week to serve someone; maybe call a family member or friend you haven't talked to in a while or open the door for someone (for some other ideas look back to last year's Light the World Advent Calendar). I know that as we try and become like Christ, we will come closer to Him and we will become what he wants us to be!

As far as Salzburg goes, we have two wonderful people who have accepted a baptismal date. We were hacked kind of on Monday night (no worries it is all sorted out now). Our dryer tried to die, and we had interviews with President!!! Interviews are always so much fun. He explained transfers and schedules with us, which was cool, and he really emphasized how we need to master our message and know the points in the lessons along with scriptures so well that we can answer anyone's question on the street. That is my goal to know the lessons forward and backwards in English and German!!!

P-Day this week... UNTERSBERG!!! A mountain that has a gorgeous view, great for Dirndl (which I apparently have been spelling wrong my whole mission) pictures, good Frühsport, and great missionary opportunities. As we were hiking we ran into a camera crew that wanted to video us (because we were in Dirndls) and we shared with them what we are doing exactly and how the process works! Really cool experience and who knows maybe they will have interest one day... 

I hope you all have a great week!! 

If there is anything you would like to see in my weekly emails, Information about this beautiful place just let me know.

Alles Liebe
Sister Anderson
Alpenländische Mission

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment