Thursday, February 9, 2017

7 Monate und ich wohne in Salzburg

Hoi,

So this week I got 2 Taufe termins!!! (Baptismal dates) one in Zürich before I left and the other in Salzburg at the end of the week!!! It is amazing to see people really want to come closer to the Savior and really want to know what He wants for them. The Lord is preparing people to hear His message! 

I left Sister Heller this week; she is super cute. I'll miss her and her creative finding ideas! We had a great two months together, taking over Zürich (Zürich where leaders are born). Then she helped carry my billion bags to Hauptbahnhof to catch my train to Salzburg. (Yeah I still have a little under a year left, not sure how this whole packing 2 suitcases under 30 pounds is going to work...) 

I am really going to miss Zürich and especially the Schwamendingen ward and Sister Heller. Alle sind so lieb!! 

TRANSFERS: So I am now in the wonderful, beautiful, traditional land of Salzburg where the grass is greener and the music in my head is Mozart. This is also the land of the Sound of Music, which apparently I will see quite a bit of while I am here (the land where it was filmed). 

My new companion: Sister Miller. She is a beautiful redhead, who hails from Portland, Oregon where, using her words "it's weird." She is not so happily celebrating her 17th month (kind of) this month. So I get to send her home at the end of our 6 weeks together. She loves science, art, and volleyball! 

We had the chance to go to a wedding as well (well the reception) and that was really fun. We helped set up and then were able to go for about an hour before we had to return home (the receptions here go for hours and hours and hours) the food was really good.

Today: 

We visited the Mozart Wohnunghaus (basically the house where he lived not the house where he was born, so much cooler), I took the tour in German (hey Sprachstudium) and it was really interesting! Even though he is famous for the piano, they really focused on the violin which I thought was cool! 

Also bought a Dirndl today!!! Because when in Salzburg.... It looks super cute and traditional. Sorry no pics yet. It is being sized so in a week or two I'll have super utensils pictures. 

One quick spiritual thought: The Lord puts people in our lives and gives us experiences so that we can learn and grow, it is our responsibility to learn from them and share our experiences (when appropriate). The Lord has invested a lot in each and every one of us. We are His Children and He loves us. I know that because I have felt His love.

Have a great week!!!

Alles Liebe
Sister Anderson
Alpenländische Mission

Pictures:
Love lock bridge- yes, lovers buy a lock and attach it to the bridge forever as a symbol!
The beautiful mountains here remind me of Utah, I love it!
One of the members has a snake and I got to hold it!!! 
Sister Miller and a Buddhist flower from a wedding (not really a Buddhist flower but doesn't it look like it?)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment