Thursday, October 13, 2016

Some Things You Learn and Some Things You Re-learn

Hallo Alle in der Welt,
Ignore my possibly incorrect German :)

     Just a funny thing— we were going to a member’s home this week and we ended up on a bus full of kids. Here kids ride public transit instead of a school-specific bus, and they were listening to American music, and I am sure they had no idea what the words meant, but they thought they were cool. The lyrics I heard were "DON'T NEED A FORTUNE TELLER TO TELL ME MY FORTUNE." Sister Whiting and I just burst out laughing so hard!!!
     This email is going to be a little different because I feel like I learned so much this week that I want to share with you.
     So as I invited you all last week to read in the New Testament I have been doing it with my companion during Mitarbeiter Studium (companion study) and it is so enriching to study it with someone else because you both draw on things you have learned and are able to increase your understanding. So I encourage you to read it with someone or to follow along with the Institute/Seminary manuals found in the Gospel Library app. I would also love to hear what you are learning!

     There is an opposition in all things! When you lose yourself in the service of others you find yourself! Sorry I don't have my scriptures with me so I don't have references for those. This week was a mixture of emotions for us! It's crazy! We have a less active, two members and an investigator who are going through a hard time, and it is amazing to see how the Lord uses his willing servants to help uplift and encourage his children. We send these wonderful women a text every day to uplift their spirits and to help them remember who they are and their great worth in the sight of God. 
     This is why I was asking for scriptures or talks that are inspirational and uplifting. I have found that when I focus on them and their needs my own needs and wants are temporarily not important. I also have found that afterwards my needs and wants are exemplified because the adversary tries to get us to be selfish and down on ourselves. He wants us to think we can't improve, that the trials we are facing are our own fault, and that if we had only done... then we could be happy. He tries to make us forget that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are not loving and sometimes not real. WE MUST SAY NO TO THAT VOICE! Please know "My brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—that’s the first great commandment. But the first great TRUTH of all eternity is that God loves us with all of HIS heart, might, mind, and strength."-Elder Holland https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/tomorrow-the-lord-will-do-wonders-among-you?lang=eng


      We can improve, WE CAN MAKE IT! "Yes! You are going to be good enough” and “Yes, you are going to make it as long as you keep repenting and do not rationalize or rebel.” The God of heaven is not a heartless referee looking for any excuse to throw us out of the game. He is our perfectly loving Father, who yearns more than anything else to have all of His children come back home and live with Him as families forever. He truly gave His Only Begotten Son that we might not perish but have everlasting life! Please believe, and please take hope and comfort from, this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us to make it! That is His work and His glory." -Elder Cornish
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/am-i-good-enough-will-i-make-it?lang=eng


      I know that there are times and moments when doubt creeps in, it's normal for that to happen but we cannot let it stay! Doubt your doubts! I feel like that is one commandment I am learning to act on. On your mission your doubts are constant, but your faith is consistent! The Lord is on your side and if you can in the darkest of moments, like Joseph remember the Lord is on your side and that He CAN help you and He WANTS to help you, then even then you can have Hope!

     "With my broken mind came her broken heart. But little did we know that despite the deepening darkness, we were just moments away from experiencing a mighty miracle.
     “As a long hour continued, my mom whispered over and over and over again, ‘I would do anything to take this from you.’
     “Meanwhile, the darkness intensified, and when I was convinced I could take no more, just then something marvelous occurred.
      “A transcendent and wonderful power suddenly overtook my body. Then, with a ‘strength beyond my own,’ I declared to my mom with great conviction seven life-changing words in response to her repeated desire to bear my pain. I said, ‘You don’t have to; Someone already has.’” – Carole M. Stephens
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/the-master-healer?lang=eng


     I want to bear my testimony that I know that I am supposed to be here in Germany, I have learned so much and I feel that the Lord has been able to work through me. The experiences I have had in my life have taught me how infinite and wonderful the Atonement is and I am here to share that with specific people here in Ulm.
     One of our less actives told me something that made my heart want to cry because it meant she didn't understand the Atonement. I want you all to know now if you didn't already the Atonement is Not just for the sinners, although that is a vital part of it and we must all rely on it daily for that, it is for the broken hearted and the pained and afflicted. Please review the talk Master Healer! 
     The Atonement is for those who need peace and respite from the storm. I know that we can use the Atonement for forgiveness and for healing and so much more.


Ich weiß, dass das Sühnopfer echt ist!

Liebe Sister Anderson
Alpenländische Mission
 

No comments:

Post a Comment